OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES ChaCha + Iris Video Contest NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The ChaCha + Iris Video Contest (the Contest) begins at 12:00:01 AM (Eastern Standard Time) on Monday, January 16, 2012 and ends on Friday, March 2, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time) (the Entry Period).The sponsor of this Contest is ChaCha Search, Inc. (the Sponsor). The Contest shall be subject to these official rules (the Rules), and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein and by all decisions of the Sponsor which are final and legally binding in all matters relating to this Contest. In the eventthat there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of these Rules, these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding its territories and possessions) and the District of Columbia at least 18 years of age at the time of entry that have mobile phone service and access to the internet are eligible to enter the Contest. The officers, directors, assigns, licensees, and employees of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and successor companies, other sponsors of the Contest, if any, participating advertisers, contractors and agents of the Sponsor or any entity involved in the development, production, implementation and distribution of the Contest, including suppliers of prizes for the Contest and immediate family members and those living in the same household of any of the above are prohibited from participating in the Contest. Immediate family members include spouse, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether in-laws, or by current or past marriage, remarriage,adoption, or co-habitation. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible participants will be entered in the Contest when such participants send a video in a format that is accepted by YouTube® of themselves using the Iris app with answerspowered by ChaCha to email@example.com. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON MAY WIN OR QUALIFY TO WIN DURING THE CONTEST AND ENTRY PERIOD. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM (EASTERN STANDARD TIME) ON MARCH 2, 2012.
An eligible participant may submit an original video that demonstrates the participant using the Iris app with powered answers by ChaCha. (the Entry). The duration of an Entry must not be less than twenty-four and two tenths (24.2) seconds and must not be more than two (2) minutes and twenty-four (24) seconds. Each Entry must be in English. The Submission must not contain brand names,trademarks, or logos, other than the Sponsor’s mark, which contestant has a limited license to use for the sole purpose of creating and uploading an Entry in this Contest. Entrants should upload their video in any format which is accepted by the YouTube® video service and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Limit three (3) Entries per person or mobile phone number. Entries must be submitted by, and in the name of, one individual person, even if there were other people that contributed to the making of the Entry. Proof that you uploaded or submitted a video to enter does not constitute evidence that Sponsor actually received the video within the Contest Period. By entering, contestant represents that the Entry is his or her original work and that neither the Entry itself nor the act of preparing the Entry infringes or infringed on the property rights or other rights of any third party. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as entrant’s original creation. During the Contest Period but prior to the Open Voting Period (as defined herein below), Entries may be posted on the Web Site. Posting and removal of any Entry on the Web Site may be done at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Posting of an Entry prior to the Open Voting Period is not intended to indicate that an Entry has been selected as a Prize winner, a Finalist, or that it is favored in any way whatsoever. Postings will occur solely for promotional purposes. All Entries and any rights therein become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
By entering this Contest, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Rules, the Web Site policies.
4. PRIZES: The Grand Prize winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card (the Grand Prize). No transfer or substitution of prizes (or any portion thereof) or cash alternative is permitted, except as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the advertised prize is unavailable. The Prize winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, if any, related to the Prizes. The winner may be issued IRS Forms 1099 for the value of the Prizes. The Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient quantity of qualifying Entries are received, and the Prize are claimed properly in accordance with these Rules.
No Prize includes any expenses or other fees related to the winner’s acceptance of the Prize or participation in the Contest; the winner is solely responsible for any associated expenses or other fees related to acceptance of a Prize and participation in the Contest. Expenses and other fees that are the sole responsibility of the winner may include travel expenses associated with the method or mode of transportation, mileage costs, and other incidental expenses relating to travel to and from a studio or other location of recording, or any expenses incurred before, during or after participation in the Contest or acceptance of a Prize. The winner's right to the Prize is non-transferable and non-salable.
5. WINNER SELECTION: One Grand Prize winner will be chosen in a process as described herein. Eligible Entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges and a winner will be determined based on the following criteria: creativity (25%), humor (25%) and demonstration of use of the Iris app with answers powered by ChaCha (50%). The winner will be notified by mail, telephone or e-mail at Sponsor’s discretion on or about Tuesday, March 6, 2012.
Final Determination of Prize Winners
Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Contest. Many will enter, but only one (1) entrant will win the Grand Prize. If a Prize is undeliverable for any reason, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use the Prize winner's name, address (city and state only), voice, photograph, likeness, testimonial and statements for advertising, promotional or publicity purposes without any form of additional compensation or limitation. All prizes will be awarded according to these rules and distributed no later than April 6, 2012, provided it is claimed in accordance with these Rules.
6. GENERAL RULES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By submitting an Entry you warrant that it is your wholly original creation or authorship and does not infringe any copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy or other proprietary right of any third party, union or guild. Entrants further warrant that they have received consent from anyone other than entrant who appears within the submitted video for their inclusion in the Entry, and may be required to provide proof of such consent. In addition, Entrants agree that their consent also binds them to all Official Rules of the Contest contained herein. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the Entry in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, without limitation and without notice or consideration to the entrant. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or any other unfair practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant in the Contest further agrees that his/her Submission constitutes an assignment of all rights, title and intellectual property rights in and to such Entry to Sponsor as a condition of competing for a Prize, including without limitation the right to make any derivative version of the entrant's Entry, and absolute discretion to alter the entrant's Entry in any way, including without limitation editing, cropping, reformatting, title changes, and removal or addition of any element. Sponsor may require each Finalist to execute documents to confirm this transfer of rights, or prize will be forfeited and an alternate Finalist selected based on the criteria stated herein.
By participating, entrants hereby agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively the Releasees) from and against any and all liability for claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, or loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light) which may occur in connection with use of the Web Site (including but not limited to damage to entrants' or others' computer equipment resulting from participation), their preparation for or participation in the Contest (including without limitation the preparation, filming, posting or display of any Entry or submission), or from their acceptance, participation in, possession or use/misuse of any prize they may be awarded.
The winner must provide positive identification specified by Sponsor to claim a prize. The winner agrees to indemnify and hold the Releasees harmless from and against any claims, suits, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, which arise in connection with any allegation that their Entry violates the intellectual property rights of any third party, or in connection with any allegation based on rights of privacy or publicity, defamation or portrayal in a false light. The Finalists will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Publicity/Liability release (the Release), (except where prohibited), as required by the Sponsor. Failure to sign and return all required forms to the Sponsor within the required time or to comply with any other provisions of these Rules may result in the Finalist being disqualified and an alternate Finalist selected. Any person appearing in a winning/selected Entry may be required to execute a publicity/liability release or such winning/selected Entry may be disqualified.
7. ENTRY ERRORS/TAMPERING: The Sponsor and any and all access provider(s), and each of their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any wireless network, computer systems, servers, providers, cell towers or software relating or resulting from participation in the Contest; inability to send a text message; theft, tampering, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to wireless networks, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on wireless networks or for any reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. False, fraudulent or deceptive Entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Contest if viruses, bugs, or other causes corrupt the security or judging of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry/voting process or who votes using any automatic or programmed method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor reserves the right to void all votes made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such a method. If a Finalist is determined to be involved in such prohibited activity, s/he will be disqualified and will not be eligible to participate further or to receive a prize in this Contest.
8. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Indiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the appropriate federal, state and local courts located in Indiana for any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded. Except as prohibited by applicable law and as a condition of participating in this Contest, each entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives any right s/he may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this contest, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith, any prize available in connection herewith, and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor and its respective agents, representatives, affiliates, parents and subsidiaries, which are final and legally binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
9. WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winner’s names for this Contest, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by April 6, 2012 to: ChaCha Search, Inc., 14550 Clay Terrace Blvd., Suite 130, Carmel, Indiana 46032; Attention: Marketing, specifying which you are requesting. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Winners’ names will be posted on the Website on or about April 6, 2012.