Introduction to Pilates 1 of 10
Pilates consists of a series of isometric exercises to help tone and firm your body from the inside out. It’s major principles:
- Centering: You focus on your powerhouse (center of the body) located between your lower ribs and pubic bone.
- Concentration: Let distractions fade away and concentrate on your routine.
- Control: You squeeze the muscles you are working and control each movement.
- Precision: Every part of your body has a specific placement and alignment.
- Breath: Proper breathing is essential to Pilates and its effective execution, focusing on the movement of the air.
- Flow: Pilate exercising is like ballet; your movements should be graceful.