Almonds 1 of 10
Almonds are seeds high in protein and healthy fats and are generally good for you, but you may not know they can be poisonous.
- They are commonly classified as nuts, but almonds are actually seeds.
- Almonds (cashews, too) must be put under a significant amount of heat in order for poisons to be nullified.
- Even almonds marketed as "raw" almonds in stores and supermarkets are treated with some level of heat in order to become safe for consumption.
- The almond seed is full of cyanide, a notoriously deadly poison.
- They must be processed in order to get rid of the dangerous cyanide.