Lea Michele 1 of 10
Lea Michele is the star of the 'Glee' cast as Rachel Berry, the overachieving perfectionist with a huge voice. While she is known as Lea Michele, the actress's full name is Lea Michele Sarfati, and she is of Spanish and Italian descent. Born in 1986 in Bronx, New York, she is eight years older than her on-screen character. Check out some more facts on Lea:
- Her first acting gig was at the age of 8, when she landed a part in the original Broadway production of 'Les Miserables.'
- Lea made a dramatic entrance to her 'Glee' audition after being involved in a car accident just outside the studio. She entered the building with chunks of glass in her hair.
- The actress apparently taught co-star Mark Salling how to speak gibberish.
- Lea is currently dating 'Glee' co-star Cory Monteith.
- She is an active supporter of gay rights and animal rights.
- Lea has two cats, named Claude and Sheila after characters from 'Hair.'