"The year was 1976 when Randy and Nancy Bianchi decided to move from Rochester, New York to Tucson, Arizona to escape from the cold and find dry weather for Randy’s severe Asthma. They packed all their belongings and four children into their mustard colored Buick Sylark and made the four day trek from the East Coast.
With only limited success in their first business venture and with Nancy waitressing to make ends meet, the Bianchi’s decided they needed something different. Their first idea was to sell T-shirts at fairs throughout the west, but that idea was soon put to rest (thank goodness), because traveling with four young children would be too difficult. Randy and Nancy then decided on purchasing and existing pizza place located on Oracle road where the Tucson Mall now stands. Owning a restaurant had always intrigued Randy and in 1977, Bianchi’s Pizza was born. With no formal restaurant training, Randy and Nancy built the business up through hard work, dedication, long hours, and most importantly "Old World Flavor" recipes that had been past down through the generations. With a sign that still hangs today that reads "Good Pizza Takes Time To Make, Be Patient And You Will Get The Best", and the whole family pitching in, Bianchi’s slowly gained a reputation as a place to get generous portions of delicious Italian food at a great price. After a few years on Oracle road, Randy and Nancy spotted an empty "El Taco" building for sale on the dusty corner of Speedway and Silverbell. In 1980, with the knowledge that the four prior restaurants had failed in that location, Randy and Nancy made the best and most important business decision in their lives. They moved and opened Bianchi’s Pizza at 1110 N. Silverbell Road. The rest is history. And the rumor that Randy actually parked his car for 2 days in the lot and counted the cars that passed – is really true."