Chi Omega is a women's fraternity and the largest member of the National Panhellenic Conference. Chi Omega has 174 active collegiate chapters and over 230 alumnae chapters. Chi Omega's national headquarters is located in Memphis, Tennessee. Chi Omega was founded April 5, 1895 at the University of Arkansas by Dr. Charles Richardson (an initiate of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity), Ina Mae Boles, Jean Vincenheller, Jobelle Holcombe, and Alice Simonds. In 1915, Chi Omega established its executive headquarters in Lexington, Kentucky, pioneering the use of office space among all national women's fraternities, before moving to Cincinnati, Ohio in 1926. Since 1994, the Fraternity's executive headquarters has been situated on 1.5 acres (6,100 m) in Memphis, Tennessee. The Fraternity's colors are Cardinal and Straw, the flower is the white carnation, the mascot is the owl, and the symbol is the skull and crossbones.
Contributions by ImGz, 126.96.36.199, and 188.8.131.52.