Faberge

Faberge

About Faberge

The House of Faberge is a jewellery firm founded in 1842 in St. Petersburg, Imperial Russia, by Gustav Faberge, using the accented name 'Faberge'; Gustav was followed by his son Peter Carl Faberge, until the firm was nationalised by the Bolsheviks in 1918. The firm has been famous for designing elaborate jewel-encrusted Faberge eggs for the Russian Tsars and a range of other work of high quality and intricate details. In 1924, Peter Carl's son Alexander with his half-brother Eugcne opened Faberge et Cie in Paris, making similar jewellery items, but adding the city to their rival firm's trademark as 'FABERGE, PARIS'. In 1937, the brand name 'Faberge' was sold and then re-sold in 1964 to cosmetics company Rayette Inc.