Boys Town, formerly Girls and Boys Town and Father Flanagan's Boys' Home, is a non-profit organization dedicated to caring for its children and families, with national headquarters in the village of Boys Town, Nebraska. The property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as well as designated a National Historic Landmark on February 4, 1985. The original Boys Town was founded as a boys' orphanage in December 1917 by Edward J. Flanagan, a Roman Catholic priest working in Omaha. The 'City of Little Men' pioneered development of new juvenile care methods in 20th century America, emphasizing social preparation as a model for public boys' homes worldwide.
Contributions by Olsmel, Freechild, and 22.214.171.124.