Memphis Grizzlies

Memphis Grizzlies

About Memphis Grizzlies

The Memphis Grizzlies are a professional basketball team based in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. The team is part of the Southwest Division of the Western Conference in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Along with the Toronto Raptors, the Grizzlies were established in 1995 as part of the NBA's expansion into Canada. The team originated that year in Vancouver, British Columbia and relocated to Memphis in 2001. The team's majority owner is Michael Heisley, who controls a 95% share of the franchise; the remaining 5% is controlled by several minority owners, including AutoZone founder J. R. ('Pitt') Hyde, his wife Barbara Hyde, equity manager Staley Cates, former NBA player and University of Memphis point guard Elliot Perry, singer Justin Timberlake and NFL quarterback Peyton Manning and his wife, Ashley Manning.

Contributions by Jersyko, Dale Arnett, and 68.253.206.119.