Phi Kappa Pi is an American Local Sorority with its founding chapter located in Geneseo, New York. It has 35 active members. The Alpha Clionian Sorority, or Phi Kappa Pi, was founded in 1872 as a literary society at what was then the Geneseo Normal School, a small teaching college in upstate NY. Clio was the first social organization at SUNY Geneseo. Clio was a sister organization to the Delphic Society for men (now Delta Kappa Tau Fraternity). Around 1902 Clio took on the Greek letters Phi Kappa Pi. Clio was one of the original members of the SUNY Geneseo Inter-Greek Council when it was established in 1915, along with Delphic, Agonian, Arethusa, and Phi Alpha. Clio's colors are Gold and White and its symbol is the Daisy. Before the 1953 ban on Nationally affiliated Greek Organizations by the SUNY system Clio had 10 chapters throughout the Northeast.