Tiger Stadium (formerly known as Navin Field and Briggs Stadium) was a stadium located in the Corktown neighborhood of Detroit, Michigan. It was the home of Major League Baseball’s Detroit Tigers from 1912–99 and the National Football League's Detroit Lions from 1938–74. The stadium was nicknamed "The Corner" for its location on Michigan Avenue and Trumbull Avenue. Redevelopment and preservation efforts failed and the stadium was demolished on September 21, 2009.
Contributions by Wahkeenah, Tigerstadiumfan, and Mantisian.