Tullamore Dew

Tullamore Dew

About Tullamore Dew

Tullamore Dew is a brand of blended Irish whiskey. Although it was originally a pot still whiskey, first distilled in 1829 in the town of Tullamore, County Offaly, Ireland, the modern product is a blended whiskey that is not actually produced in Tullamore town. The primary blend ingredients are from the New Midleton Distillery in the Cork, along with Jameson, Powers, Paddy and the rest of the Irish Distillers products. The name derives from the initials of an early manager of the concern, Mr. Daniel E. Williams: D.E.W. Formerly owned and marketed by Irish company, C&C Group, the label was sold to the Scottish Company William Grant & Sons in 2010.